I am very sorry to share with you the sad news of the death of John Turnbull, a pupil in Year 9.
Please keep John’s family and friends in your thoughts and prayers at this very sad time.
The school Chapel and Main Hall will be open on Friday 17th August from 10am – 12pm to provide an opportunity for St Leonard’s staff, pupils and parents to pay their respects. You are welcome to stay for as long or as short a time as you wish. There will be a short service at 10.30am for those that would like to attend.
If your child is attending school unsupervised on this day could you please ensure their safe return home.
Support agencies will be available in school at this time.
If you would like support in dealing with this news you may want to contact the following agencies:
If any persons either directly affected or indirectly affected by the incident can access support from the following services:
• The School Nursing team offer a wide range of support services and can be contacted on 03000 263538
• For anyone who has been affected, or requires support around bereavement from suicide, please contact If U Care Share on 0191 3875661 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• CRUSE: Promotes the well-being of bereaved people and enables anyone bereaved by death to understand their grief and cope with their loss. Email to email@example.com or call helpline, 0844 477 9400 Monday-Friday 9:30am – 5:00pm. Or the CRUSE Bereavement Care Durham branch on 01325 288633
• The Samaritans: Available 24 hours a day on 116 123
• HOPELineUK: A specialist telephone service staffed by trained professionals who give non-judgemental support, practical advice and information to children, teenagers and young people up to the age of 35 who are worried about how they are feeling. Call: 0800 068 41 41 firstname.lastname@example.org SMS: 07786 209697
• The Winston’s Wish: A national Helpline offers support, information and guidance to all those caring for a bereaved child or young person. Helpline 08452 03 04 05 (Monday-Friday 9am to 5pm and Wednesday evenings 7pm to 9.30 pm).
• Citizens Advice Service: Call 03444111 Monday to Friday 10am to 4pm or visit www.citizensadvice.org.uk
• CAMHS CRISIS – 0191 4415733
• For any further ongoing support families should make contact with their GP.